Armenian genocide vote: Turkey recalls ambassador from Germany
The Turkish government reacted furiously to the nearly-unanimous passage of the motion by the German parliament, which was almost unanimous.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who is currently on a state visit to Kenya, has said the German resolution will seriously impact relations between the two countries.
Prime Minister Binali Yildirim condemned the move and said in a speech in the Turkish capital that a “racist Armenian lobby” was responsible for the decision made by the German parliament.
Numerous Turkish politicians had warned that relations between the two countries would suffer if the motion was passed to recognize the mass killings during the First World War as genocide.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran chairs CCI meeting in Islamabad02:30 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020