Armenian genocide vote: Turkey recalls ambassador from Germany
The Turkish government reacted furiously to the nearly-unanimous passage of the motion by the German parliament, which was almost unanimous.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who is currently on a state visit to Kenya, has said the German resolution will seriously impact relations between the two countries.
Prime Minister Binali Yildirim condemned the move and said in a speech in the Turkish capital that a “racist Armenian lobby” was responsible for the decision made by the German parliament.
Numerous Turkish politicians had warned that relations between the two countries would suffer if the motion was passed to recognize the mass killings during the First World War as genocide.
- PM Imran announces funeral grant for overseas Pakistanis08:46 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Indian forces kill three youth in occupied Kashmir08:27 PM | 6 May, 2021
- First pictures of prime suspect in British woman's murder in Pakistan ...07:54 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Father declares Haniya Khan ‘mentally unstable’ after she creates ...07:12 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PCB, NCOC decide on venue of PSL 2021’s remaining matches today06:48 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Bushra Ansari's sister Sumbul Shahid loses battle to COVID-1903:35 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi reveals ex-husband Shamoon Abbasi is also her ...04:32 PM | 6 May, 2021