'Mystery buyer of $450m Leonardo da Vinci painting' appointed as new culture minister of Saudi Arabia
The monarch on Saturday issued a number of royal decrees, naming Prince Bader bin Abdullah bin Farhan Al Saud, a close aide of his son and heir Mohammad Bin Salman.
Prince Bader has been identified as the buyer of the most expensive painting ever sold at auction by the New York Times last year.
According to a report by Wall Street Journal quoting U.S. government intelligence and a Saudi art-world figure familiar with the purchase, the 32-years-old aspiring Saudi King used Prince Bader as a proxy who bought the record-breaking da Vinci painting of Christ, “Salvator Mundi,” during an auction at Christie's in New York City.
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman splashed ... 05:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2017
RIYADH - Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince, Mohammad Bin Salman has emerged as the mystery purchaser of a $450.3million ...
Prince Bader and the crown prince attended King Saud University in Riyadh around the same time, according to the New York Times. In 2015, Prince Bader was designated as chairman of the Saudi Research and Marketing Group.
In another decree early on Saturday, the king replaced Sheikh Saleh bin Abdulaziz bin Mohammed Al Sheikh with Abdullatif bin Abdulaziz bin Abdulrahman Al Sheikh as head of the Islamic Affairs Ministry.
He previously served as head of Saudi Arabia’s morality policy, known as the Commission for Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice.
Among other key changes, the king appointed Ahmed bin Sulaiman bin Abdulaziz Al-Rajhi as minister of labor. He is a well-known Saudi businessman.
In other decrees, King Salman renamed several natural reserves after deceased Saudi clerics and royal family members from the first Saudi state of the early 19th century. He renamed three other reserves after his late father, King Abdulaziz, himself, and his son, the crown prince.
- The All-Rounder Smartphone: vivo V21e Comes with Ultra Sleek Design ...10:22 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:04 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Covid-19 infects 4,722, kills 46 in a day: NCOC09:20 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 04 August 202108:50 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- $6 million PUBG Mobile Global Championship to kick off in Nov12:23 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Danyal Zafar drops hint about getting married soon10:06 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- What made Sara Ali Khan apologise to her parents?06:24 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat confirms playing Benazir Bhutto in upcoming biopic05:25 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021