PAKvENG: England beat Pakistan by 67 runs to win T20I series
LAHORE – England beat Pakistan by 67 runs in the seventh and the last game of the T20I series at Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium on Sunday evening.
As Pakistan won the toss and invited England to bat first, they set a 210-run target for Pakistan to win.
The historic T20 international series between Pakistan and England is ending today with a high-octane series-decider as the two sides meet in a winner-takes-all tussle in the country’s cultural capital on Sunday (today) at 07:30 pm.
Men in Green and visitors are locked at 3-3 after six of the 7-match series with Phil Salt's blasting innings powering England to an eight-wicket victory on Friday.
In the last game, England batters thrashed the host's bowling side with only spinner Shadab Khan taking 2-34.
Meanwhile, Green Shirts rested on Saturday with no activity on the directions of the national cricket governing body. England also rested on Saturday with no training.
Earlier, Pakistan’s middle-order batter Haider Ali, who was earlier admitted to a hospital due to a viral illness, has been discharged.
England white-ball captain Jos Buttler appears unlikely to play despite his rehabilitation from a calf injury and Moeen Ali will continue as skipper in his absence, reports suggest.
As England visited Pakistan for the first time in 17 years, full houses in stadiums greeted the teams at all six games, and they got top-notch security.
Meanwhile, conditions in Lahore are expected to be humid and the final game will be played on a used pitch at Gaddafi Stadium.
Haider Ali hospitalised after viral illness 10:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
LAHORE – Pakistan batsman Haider Ali was admitted to hospital after he fell ill during the sixth match against ...
Pakistan: Babar Azam (capt), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Shan Masood, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Hasnain/Aamer Jamal, Mohammad Wasim, Haris Rauf
England: Phil Salt (wk), Alex Hales, Dawid Malan, Ben Duckett, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali (capt), Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Reece Topley
PAKvENG: England win 6th T20I against Pakistan by ... 11:01 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
LAHORE – England beat Pakistan by eight wickets in the sixth match of the T20I series at Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium ...
- Malala joins campaign for freedom of oppressed Afghan women11:31 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Osman Khalid Butt explains why he attended LSA 2022 despite Feroze ...11:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Pakistan win seven gold, 11 silver medals at South Asian Karate ...10:11 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Dua Lipa secures Albanian citizenship08:19 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Katrina Kaif falls prey to 'Mera Dil Yeh Pukare Aaja' virus07:12 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022