PAKvENG: England beat Pakistan by 67 runs to win T20I series
LAHORE – England beat Pakistan by 67 runs in the seventh and the last game of the T20I series at Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium on Sunday evening.
As Pakistan won the toss and invited England to bat first, they set a 210-run target for Pakistan to win.
The historic T20 international series between Pakistan and England is ending today with a high-octane series-decider as the two sides meet in a winner-takes-all tussle in the country’s cultural capital on Sunday (today) at 07:30 pm.
Men in Green and visitors are locked at 3-3 after six of the 7-match series with Phil Salt's blasting innings powering England to an eight-wicket victory on Friday.
In the last game, England batters thrashed the host's bowling side with only spinner Shadab Khan taking 2-34.
Meanwhile, Green Shirts rested on Saturday with no activity on the directions of the national cricket governing body. England also rested on Saturday with no training.
Earlier, Pakistan’s middle-order batter Haider Ali, who was earlier admitted to a hospital due to a viral illness, has been discharged.
England white-ball captain Jos Buttler appears unlikely to play despite his rehabilitation from a calf injury and Moeen Ali will continue as skipper in his absence, reports suggest.
As England visited Pakistan for the first time in 17 years, full houses in stadiums greeted the teams at all six games, and they got top-notch security.
Meanwhile, conditions in Lahore are expected to be humid and the final game will be played on a used pitch at Gaddafi Stadium.
Haider Ali hospitalised after viral illness 10:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
LAHORE – Pakistan batsman Haider Ali was admitted to hospital after he fell ill during the sixth match against ...
Pakistan: Babar Azam (capt), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Shan Masood, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Hasnain/Aamer Jamal, Mohammad Wasim, Haris Rauf
England: Phil Salt (wk), Alex Hales, Dawid Malan, Ben Duckett, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali (capt), Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Reece Topley
PAKvENG: England win 6th T20I against Pakistan by ... 11:01 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
LAHORE – England beat Pakistan by eight wickets in the sixth match of the T20I series at Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium ...
- PM Shehbaz hands over keys of new houses among flood affectees10:16 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Sri Lankan player loses teeth while taking catch in LPL match (VIDEO)10:01 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- ECP reinstates Faisal Vawda as senator after Supreme Court ruling09:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Zulfi Bukhari reacts to leaked audio with Bushra Bibi09:01 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Shoaib Malik refuses to comment on divorce rumours08:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Faryal Mehmood to star in film inspired by Qandeel Baloch08:46 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Teaser of Hania Aamir's upcoming drama out now07:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022