German tourist gang-raped in India
In her complaint to the police, the 38-year-old victim alleged that two men dragged her to a secluded spot from a private beach resort in the southern tourist town of Mamallapuram in Tamil Nadu state and raped her on Sunday.
The incident took place when the victim was taking a stroll along the sea shore in the tourist town of Mamallapuram.
The woman was taken to a hospital for medical examination and the German embassy had been informed, the Hindustan Times quoted a senior police officer as saying.
Several persons are being questioned and some of them have been detained.
Danielle McLaughlin´s naked body was discovered in a field near a beach on March 16, with injuries all over her body. Police have arrested a local man for her rape and murder.
Many Western countries warn visitors about the risk of such attacks in India, where levels of sexual violence are relatively high.
India faced international scrutiny over levels of violence against women following the fatal gang-rape of a medical student in New Delhi in December 2012.
- Lt Gen Nigar Johar becomes first woman colonel commandant of Pakistan ...11:18 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- US President Biden invites PM Imran to virtual summit on democracy10:56 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Karachi Zoo director removed after rare white lion dies of negligence09:52 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Punjab governor meets members of Scottish Parliament09:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- 5th Shehryar Malik Memorial National Tennis: Aqeel, Abid in final, ...09:05 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021