Hajj policy 2020 likely to be announced during January
ISLAMABAD - The Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony has almost finalised the draft of Hajj Policy 2020 and likely to announce it during the current month.
According to a ministry official, the overall Hajj expenditures were likely to increase from Rs 63,000 to Rs 70,000 due to increase in taxes, accommodation, transport, train fare, food and other expenses to be incurred during the stay of pilgrims in Saudi Arabia.
Tentative Hajj package for the next year would be Rs 489,575 against Rs 436,975 for the year 2019, he said.
The official said applications for performing Hajj under the Government Hajj Scheme would be invited from the general public in the third week of January 2020.
The Road to Makkah Project, which was introduced by Saudi Arabia at Islamabad Airport last year, was likely to be extended to other airports of the country, he added.
Pakistani pilgrims will be given E-visas. The ministry has imposed strict conditions on scheduled banks, receiving Hajj applications of Government Hajj Scheme during Hajj 2020.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020