FIA summons Shoaib Akhtar over dispute with PCB’s legal adviser
LAHORE: The Federal Investigation Agency's (FIA) Cyber Crime Wing has reportedly summoned former fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar in a case related to his confrontation with Pakistan Cricket Board’s legal adviser Tafazzul Rizvi, local media reported.
The former cricket star has been asked to appear before the FIA team on Friday at 11 am.
On the other hand, Akhtar’s lawyer has denied receiving any such notice, adding that they will give appropriate response if a notice is served.
In April, Shoaib Akhtar slammed the PCB’s legal body and its legal adviser in a YouTube video after Umar Akmal was banned for three years from all forms of cricket for not informing the PCB about match-fixing offer.
He had accused Rizvi of profiteering by creating legal disputes between the PCB and its players.
Following his remarks, the legal adviser sent Rs10 million defamation notice to the fast bowling great claiming his remarks damaged his goodwill.
The PCB had also expressed disappointment over with Shoaib Akhtar’s “poor choice of words” against its legal department and legal advisor Taffazul Rizvi.
- Israeli president confirms meeting with Pakistani expats’ delegation12:25 PM | 29 May, 2022
- Pakistan likely to hike gas tariff after withdrawing petroleum ...11:59 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Pakistani delegation leaves for India for talks on water disputes11:16 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Voting underway for Balochistan local bodies elections08:57 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Watch – Saba Qamar loses her cool at press conference09:36 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022