Hindu yatris 'forced by Indian agencies to give anti-Pakistan statements'
MATIARI – A local leader of Hindu community says that 50 people of his community who went to Inda to visit holy places a month ago were made hostages there and were forced to give anti-Pakistan statements.
Lakhi Mal, addressing a press conference at Hyderabad Press Club on Monday, disclosed that the Indian government in a bid to malign Pakistan had pressurized the pilgrims hailing from Bhaagri community to give statements against Pakistan and seek Indian citizenship.
"Our people were kept hostages in India. They were forced to issue statements that they were oppressed in Pakistan," Mal said.
He added that they had given statements due to Indian government pressure during their visit and added that Hindus and other minorities were living a peaceful life and enjoying all the rights in Pakistan.
Fifty of Mal’s community members including men, women and children went to the neighbouring country on February 3 to pay a visit to the holy places. However, days after their arrival, they made a case for obtaining the Indian citizenship by alleging that in Pakistan they were subjected to religious persecution. They had also alleged that Hindus were forced to convert to Islam in Pakistan.
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020