IHC rejects petition seeking disqualification of three PTI MNAs
ISLAMABAD - The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Tuesday turned down a petition seeking the disqualification of three Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) MNAs elected on reserved seats for women.
IHC Justice Aamir Farooq announced the verdict in the case filed by lawmakers of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) against PTI's Kanwal Shauzab, Maleeka Bokhari and Tashfeen Safdar, who were elected from Punjab for reserved seats.
PML-N MNAs Tahira Bukhari and Shaista Pervaiz had moved the court against the PTI legislators demanding invokation of Articles 62 and 63 of the Constitution against them.
In December last year, Justice Farooq had reserved the judgment after hearing arguments from all parties.
The petitioners in their plea had claimed that Maleeka Bokhari did not disclose her dual nationality while submitting the nomination papers.
- Khusro, Hammad given new portfolios as PM Khan reshuffles federal ...07:18 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 128 Pakistanis stranded in Uzbekistan return via PIA special flight05:48 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 'Pakistan within three weeks to start manufacturing its own ...05:45 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- CM Buzdar orders all schools to slash fee by 20% for April & May04:50 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Salman Ahmad goes into self-quarantine after showing coronavirus ...03:49 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Danish Taimoor writes an appreciation note for the women in his life03:44 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- In rare address, Queen Elizabeth says UK 'we will succeed' in fight03:37 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019