Malik laud crowd for turning up in numbers to stadiums
ISLAMABAD - Peshawar Zalmi batsman Shoaib Malik has lauded the crowd for showing up to the stadiums in numbers, for the HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2020 matches, saying it was sending a very good message to the whole world that Pakistan was a safe and sports-loving nation.
“Even though the people face a bit difficulty in coming to the stadiums but they have been turning up in masses to the venues which are sending a very good message to the whole world. It shows that the Pakistani nation loves the visiting foreign players in PSL.
The overseas players are also praising Pakistan and we are heading in the right direction,” he said at the post-match conference at Pindi Stadium Rawalpindi.
Karachi Kings beat Peshawar Zalmi in the HBL PSL 2020 at Pindi Stadium by six wickets on Monday but Malik played resilient 68-run innings (55 balls, six fours, one six) to ensure Zalmi at least went past the 150-run mark.
Speaking about the match, Malik said we must have scored 180 plus runs on the Pindi pitches but we lost early wickets.
“When you lose early wickets then scoring a 150 total even looks difficult. However, Mohammad Amir bowled very well and the whole Karachi Kings bowling attack was good,” he said.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020