What a waste! PM Imran angry at Shehryar Afridi for signing ballot paper during Senate Elections
ECP rejects the request of 'unwell' PTI leader to cast the vote again
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan expressed anger at Chairman Parliamentary Committee on Kashmir Shehryar Afridi on Wednesday after his vote was wasted when he unintentionally signed the ballot paper.
The premier reportedly said: “Since you are and MNA. You should not have made such huge mistake”. He said that every lawmaker was informed about how to cast the vote before the elections.
According to Geo News, Imran Khan was not satisfied with the response given by the lawmaker.
After Afridi signed his ballot paper mistakenly, he submitted a request to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) seeking permission to cast the vote again.
"It is submitted that I have been feeling unwell for the past few days and couldn't attend the meetings of the party for preparations of elections," he wrote in the application.
He further said when he arrived at the parliament, the ECP staff failed to guide him on it." When I approached you to cast my vote I asked you and your staff but they failed to guide me. Later, I put my signature on the ballot papers instead of putting numbers. Therefore, I may be allowed to recast my vote," Afridi wrote.
Meanwhile, the Commission has rejected his request to cast his vote again.
On the other hand, Afridi has denied reports of being reprimanded by the prime minister over casting the vote improperly.
Senate Election 2021 – PM Imran casts his vote ... 12:25 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Wednesday (today) casted his vote in the ongoing Senate election 2021. The ...
- Oman becomes the latest GCC country to introduce VAT05:52 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran visits site of Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital in Karachi05:25 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan's interior minister rules out talks with banned TLP04:56 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Russian scientists working on first edible coronavirus vaccine04:22 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- TLP workers storm Nawankot Police Station, take DSP among 5 cops ...04:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021