Russian airstrikes killed 39 civilians, 14 fighters in Syria so far
According to a statement most of the srtikes were carried out in Hams province which targeted one of the Islamic State associated group but collateral damage was higher than the original targets.
Meanwhile United Sates has categorically announced that it will not be directly challenging the Russian air force in Syria.
Earlier the Russian parliament granted permission to President Vladimir Putin to deploy air force to Syria in a bid to support Syrian President Bashar al-Asad.
The Federation Council unanimously backed Putin’s call to send in air troops to Syria to fight Islamic State (ISIS) associated militant groups.
The primary goal of the operation has been announced to exclusively support the Syrian armed forces in their fight against IS and other groups challenging Bashar Al-Asad in the region.
In a separate statement the Syrian government led by President Bashar al-Asad said that Russian military was deployed in parts of the country on their formal request.
- US formally invites Pakistan to climate change summit after initial ...12:31 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Security forces arrest five TTP terrorists in Sindh11:02 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests – Sheikh Rasheed arrives in Lahore for third round of ...10:30 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Pakistan team practice in Harare ahead of first T2010:18 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Amir Liaquat's Nagin dance video goes viral06:19 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021