Pakistan’s Bismah Maroof named captain of Women’s Global Development squad
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s Bismah Maroof has been named captain of a Women’s Global Development Squad (WGDS) for a tour of Australia where they will play against Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) teams as well as the part of different WBBL squads for their first-round tournament matches.
The 28-year-old Pakistan captain, who has represented her country in 103 ODIs and 100 T20Is, will lead a 13-member squad comprising players from eight countries who would to play six T20 matches in what is the fourth such exposure tour announced by the International Cricket Council.
Congratulations to @maroof_bismah on being appointed captain of Women’s Global Development Squad.Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) October 3, 2019
Bismah said she is “very excited” at the opportunity of leading the WGDS side.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- PSL Draft 2020: Franchises pick players from platinum, diamond, gold ...08:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Justice (retd) Altaf Ibrahim takes oath as acting ECP chief06:15 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019