India's gold-medalist boxer working as garbage collector
Kamal Kumar Valmiki, who claims to have won three district-level gold medals in early '90s, also works as a part-time rickshaw-puller, the Times of India reported on Thursday.
"I won three district-level gold medals besides a bronze in Uttar Pradesh State Boxing Championships. But I could not make it big as I used to struggle when it came to controlling my anger," he said.
Kamal has four sons and he wants at least two of them to take up boxing to realise his unrealised dream.
"I hope the government could provide me a small loan with which I would do something of my own and support my family," he said.
- Pakistan Armed Forces participate in Bright Star 2021 drill in Egypt: ...03:47 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- ‘The most sensible thing to do’ – PM Imran backs Biden’s ...03:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- NZ Cricket chief refuses to share details of 'security alert'02:06 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Hira Mani’s father passes away in Karachi06:17 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani celebs express disappointment after NZ tour called off05:30 PM | 18 Sep, 2021