Here is the reason why China has closed world's longest-highest glass bridge just 13 days after its opening
The bridge costing 22.5 million yuan (£2.5million) was designed by Israeli architect Haim Dotan. The gigantic structure crossed a canyon that divides two mountain cliffs in Zhangjiajie Park, in China’s central Hunan province.
It was opened for public in the second last week in August, however, the officials confirmed that the bridge was closed on Friday for repairing. No date was given for reopening of the bridge.
The Cable News Network (CNN) in a report claimed that the glass bridge was affected by the high number of visitors. But, there were no confirmation of the brigde's glass was cracked or damaged.
The bridge, made up of almost 99 glass panels, can carry as many as 800 individuals at a time. Visitors are able to peer down 300 metres to the ground through the transparent floor.
Soon after the bridge was opened, adventurous locals rushed to the spot to catch a glimpse of the scenic beauty around the giant overpass.
- ‘Proud of you’ — PM Imran congratulates Team Pakistan for T20 ...11:05 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- PAKvIND: Pakistan make India bite the dust in first encounter of T20 ...10:29 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Jamal Kamal Khan resigns as Balochistan CM, cabinet dissolved09:12 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Chinese company announces resumption of work on Dasu hydropower ...08:15 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021