Pakistan strongly denounces blasphemous caricatures by French Magazine Charlie Hebdo
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has strongly denounced the publication of blasphemous caricatures by French Magazine Charlie Hebdo today (Thursday).
In a statement, the minister said that the caricatures have hurt the sentiments of millions of Muslims across the world, adding that Pakistan has conveyed its concerns to the French government on the despicable act.
He said such profane acts should not be repeated rather those behind it must be taken to task.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that freedom of expression does not give license to anybody to hurt the sentiments of others.
The foreign minister also noted there has been an increase in Islamophobia and Xenophobia across the world and expressed the confidence that the world will take immediate steps to put a stop to such tendencies and acts..
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020