Panama leaks: Amitabh Bachchan Aishwarya Rai own offshore companies
New Delhi (Web Desk) – Panama Papers -a 2.6 terabyte confidential leak that comprises of details of shady businesses of global elite families has named and identified at least 500 Indians, including top Bollywood actors Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai.
The list includes Bollywood actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Amitabh Bachchan was appointed director in at least four offshore shipping companies set up in 1993 in British Virgin Islands (BVI), Bahamas.
Aishwarya Rai and her family members were registered in 2005 as directors of Amic Partners Limited.
This investigation, in which over 11 million tax documents have been scrutinized by over 100 media groups, comes from an anonymous source through German daily Sueddeutsche Zeitung and was shared globally by the International Consortium of Investigtative Journalists (ICIJ). In India, the organization responsible for the investigation is the Indian Express.
The documents themselves, which identify over 200,000 offshore entities covering almost 40 years, come from Panama-based law firm Mossack Fonseca, an organization with offices in more than 35 countries.
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020