Anu Malik faces massive backlash for copying Israel’s national anthem
Bollywood has a long and illustrious history of plagiarism and this time around, Indian music director Anu Malik is under fire for copying Israel’s national anthem to compose ‘Mera Mulk Mera Desh’.
Twitter was beyond shocked when they spotted striking resemblances between the national anthem and Malik’s song from the 1996 film Diljale.
Needless to say, the dawning realisation that the famous Indian composer may have plagiarised the Israeli national anthem left social media into a frenzy.
Digging further in details, the similarity came to light after Artem Dolgopyat made history by winning Isreal's first Olympics gymnastics gold.
After the national anthem was played at the Tokyo Olympics, netizens flooded the internet with accusations directed towards Malik.
The keyboard warriors were quick to express their sentiments regarding the recent developments whilst keeping the humour element top-notch.
Anu Malik after copying national anthem of Israel for his song mera mulk mera desh- pic.twitter.com/UfkTeBVodo— AAKASH (@TheSanskaribuoi) August 2, 2021
Anu Malik just simply didn't copy Israel national anthem in 1996 film diljale song. It needs years of research and analysis to find out which country isn't going to win medals for years. Visionary man.#AnuMalik— Prashant Shah (@prashshah) August 2, 2021
Anu Malik stealing tunes from Israel national anthem shows your perennial love towards imperialism. ????♂️— S???? (@shreyanshclub) August 2, 2021
Everytime a country wins Gold ???? at Olympics and its National Anthem plays
Anu Malik ???????? pic.twitter.com/CUnwY5rRME— Dr. Manita V (@DrManita) August 1, 2021
Israel won their second ever Gold at Olympics and Indians ended up remembering Anu Malik ????— Rahul Roushan (@rahulroushan) August 1, 2021
Anu Malik is time traveler.
He was borne in 1870, first sang ‘Hatikvah’ in 1887 which was later adopted by Israel as national anthem in 1948.August 1, 2021
The patriotic song from the 1996 film Diljale was sung by Kumar Sanu and Aditiya Narayan and the video starred actor Ajay Devgn.
Earlier, the 60-year-old was accused of plagiarization with his songs Dil Mera Churaya Kyun, Kaho Na Kaho and Neend Churayi Meri.
Indian remake of Noor Jehan’s song in ... 09:49 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
Bollywood's recreation of Pakistani song 'Zaalima Coca Cola' has created an uproar on the internet. The rendition of ...
- Pakistan, UK on 'same page' over Afghanistan: Qureshi01:51 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Cuba opposes Israeli agenda at UN, observes a minute of silence to ...01:27 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- PMLN’s Zubair Umar finally breaks silence on video leak scandal12:31 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Jinnah’s statue destroyed by BLF militants in Gwadar’s Marine ...11:51 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Oldest Pakistan Army veteran Lt-Col (r) Sultan Mengal breathes his ...11:22 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Mashal Khan breaks silence on receiving acid attack threats01:35 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Atif Aslam, Mahira Khan’s much-awaited music video released01:00 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Air ambulance for ailing Umer Sharif to reach Karachi tomorrow07:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2021