Four Lahore girls, who went missing, say they ‘escape to get education’
LAHORE – Four sisters, who mysteriously went missing from their home, found safe and sound in provincial capital, Senior Superintendent Police (SSP) Ayesha Butt revealed.
The senior officials cop while quoting the girls said they left the house after having an argument with their parents. Adding that, a police team located them within a few hours via modern-day technology.
Reports cited that the girls named Anum, 10, Kinza 11, Ayesha, 8, and Samreen, 14 said that they were not abducted but switched off their cell phones for fear of getting into trouble with their parents while police officials managed to track them as soon as one of their mobile phones was rebooted.
However, police sources claimed that the girls escaped in wake of the domestic violence, the girl’s father is a drug addict who divorced his two wives.
Police sources revealed that a rickshaw driver named Arsalan, a resident of Green Town, tricked the girls and drove them around the city for three or four hours, and then take them to his residence near Quaid-e-Azam Industrial Estate.
Police, who apprehend the driver along with his accomplice, said the accused planned to sell the girls for sex slavery. All four girls will undergo a medical checkup before handing over to the family. At least six people have been arrested including two women.
Punjab IGP also commended the force for finding the missing girls. "The four missing girls have been traced by Punjab Police. Right now they are in our safe custody and very soon we will take them to their families in sha Allah. It is our duty to provide security to our kids", he wrote on his official handle.
The four missing girls from Lahore Kinza irfan, Anam irfan, Ayesha and Sumra have been traced by Punjab Police. Right now they are in our safe custody and very soon we will take them to their families in sha Allah. It is our duty to provide security to our kids. pic.twitter.com/CxHflZjDOT— Inam Ghani QPM & Bar, PSP (@InamGhani) August 4, 2021
Earlier, the father of the siblings expressed suspicions that their daughters were abducted by unidentified persons. Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar also ordered officials to recovered the girls at the earliest.
- LIVE: PTI supporters in Imran Khan's long march set police van on ...11:03 PM | 25 May, 2022
- All educational institutions to remain closed in Rawalpindi tomorrow09:28 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army strongly condemns sentencing of Kashmiri leader Yasin ...08:01 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022