Bollywood actor Shashi Kapoor dies at 79
Kapoor was reportedly battling old age-related problems and under constant medical supervision, the Hindustan Times reported.
His nephew Mohit Marwah confirmed the news on Twitter.
— Mohit Marwah (@mohitsmarwah) December 4, 2017
Born as Balbir Raj Kapoor, he has appeared in over 175 films. He also produced several hit films like Junoon, Kalyug, Vijeta and Utsav.
Apart from directing 1991 Amitabh Bachchan-starrer Ajooba, Shashi Kapoor also directed a Russian movie Vozvrashcheniye Bagdadskogo Vora in 1988.
He is survived by three children, Kunal Kapoor, Sanjana Kapoor and Karan Kapoor.
- Speaker Pervaiz Elahi summons emergency session of Punjab Assembly ...04:09 PM | 21 May, 2022
- PTI's Shireen Mazari arrested by anti-corruption officials in ...02:36 PM | 21 May, 2022
- 'Depth of misogyny’ – HRCP demands apology from Imran Khan over ...01:58 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army sets up heat stroke relief camps as temperature ...01:14 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Turkey’s defence minister calls on Pakistan Army chief12:25 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022