Adolf Hitler wins Namibia election
WINDHOEK – “Adolf Hitler” was a widely discussed topic on Twitter on Thursday as a man named after the former German dictator was last week elected local government councillor for Ompundja constituency in northern Namibia.
Adolf Hitler Uunona refused to discuss the reasons he was named Adolf Hitler, however in an earlier interview, he mentioned that his father named him after ‘Nazi leader’, but ‘probably didn’t understand what Adolf Hitler stood for’.
While speaking to an international new agency he said: “I am not going to entertain the conversation, there is no reason we should be sitting here, having an entire conversation about my name”.
Discussing my name will not make Namibia a better country, how will it contribute to the development of our country?
He mentioned the significance of the name but mentioned he has no connection to his unusual namesake. He is not “striving for world domination” and does not have plans to “conquer” the Oshana region.
Adolf Hitler wins Namibia election 10:24 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
WINDHOEK – “Adolf Hitler” was a widely discussed topic on Twitter on Thursday as a man named after ...
- Punjab to launch crackdown on religious hate literature11:38 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Govt to issue Sukuk bonds against Islamabad’s Fatima Jinnah Park: ...10:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Sana Fakhar responds to social media backlash after bold pics with ...09:28 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Saudi Arabia, Morocco to receive ‘made in India’ Covid vaccine ...08:36 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Urdu Mushaira held against #CannoliOwners outside Islamabad café07:51 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Meera reveals the date of her wedding; who is she marrying?05:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021