Entire town to be relocated in Siberia to make way for gold mine
The authorities to start mining in its place after a gold deposit was found there, RT reported.
The deposit was discovered in 2014, but mining companies couldn’t get to the coveted money-making honey pot as it lies directly under the small town of Partizansk, in Russia’s Krasnoyarsk region.
The residents of Partizansk took to the streets to protest in spring 2014 when the authorities made an attempt to start gold digging right in the middle of the streets. This prompted research into the possibility of relocation.
- PakvsNZ: Pakistan cricket team reaches New Zealand for series05:31 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Karachi University announces open merit admissions 202104:49 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Samba Bank, Techlogix join hands to introduce Digital Lending03:13 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Arzoo Raja Case, 44-year old husband charged for rape of minor03:00 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- HEC ends two-year BA/BSc degree programmes02:24 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020