India funded militants in Kashmir to counter ISI: ex-chief RAW
In an exclusive interview with Indian channel, NDTV, former RAW Chief AS Dulat asked, "So what's wrong? What is there to be so shocked or scandalized by. It's done the world over."
Talking about his controversial memoirs: 'Kashmir - The Vajpayee Years', Dulat elaborated that the Indian government had quite often paid for the air fares, medical treatment and general upkeep of pro-Pakistan separatists like Syed Ali Shah Geelani.
The former RAW chief said that India's spies had been in touch with everyone "Separatists and militants".
He defended the use of money in the Indian-held Kashmir and said it was done in the hope of engaging militants and separatists and also to compete for influence with the ISI.
"Corrupting someone with money is more ethical and smarter than killing him," Dulat said wryly.
- Big Mac lover celebrates 50th anniversary of eating ‘best ...09:41 PM | 19 May, 2022
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour09:35 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore09:10 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in South Waziristan IED explosion08:15 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022