India funded militants in Kashmir to counter ISI: ex-chief RAW
In an exclusive interview with Indian channel, NDTV, former RAW Chief AS Dulat asked, "So what's wrong? What is there to be so shocked or scandalized by. It's done the world over."
Talking about his controversial memoirs: 'Kashmir - The Vajpayee Years', Dulat elaborated that the Indian government had quite often paid for the air fares, medical treatment and general upkeep of pro-Pakistan separatists like Syed Ali Shah Geelani.
The former RAW chief said that India's spies had been in touch with everyone "Separatists and militants".
He defended the use of money in the Indian-held Kashmir and said it was done in the hope of engaging militants and separatists and also to compete for influence with the ISI.
"Corrupting someone with money is more ethical and smarter than killing him," Dulat said wryly.
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021