Bomber killed, two injured in blast near US consulate in Jeddah
According to media reports, the bomber had approached the US consulate after parking his car outside a hospital located opposite the building, before being gunned down by security personnel. Two security officials were also lightly wounded in a blast triggered by the bomber.
Following the incident, multiple bomb blasts were reported from the same area. Saudi media said that these were remote controlled explosions detonated from nearby.
Meanwhile, a US State Department message warned US citizens in Saudi Arabia to take extra precautions while travelling in the Kingdom.
The blast took place on July 4, which is marked as Independence Day of the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.
- All educational institutions to remain closed in Rawalpindi tomorrow09:28 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army strongly condemns sentencing of Kashmiri leader Yasin ...08:01 PM | 25 May, 2022
- PTA clears the air on blocking internet services amid political ...07:36 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022