Scam: Blood transfusion with coloured water kills child in Hafizabad
Muhammad Akbar of Bhattian, a village in Hafizabad, brought his 5-year old son Hazifa to District Headquarters Hospital where the doctors asked him to bring a bottle of blood. Muhammad Akbar purchased a bottle of blood for Rupees 1500 from the laboratory in Hospital.
When the doctor got the blood tested after blood transfusion, it was found that it was just coloured water. Due to counterfeit blood, the child’s condition deteriorated ultimately leading to his death.
Police reached the scene and got hold of the bottle of counterfeit blood. The child’s maternal uncle Irfan told the reporters that they had purchased the bottle from blood bank.
EDO Health Doctor Aslam Shaheen said that the blood was not bogus and it was not administered to the child at all who was in urgent need of blood transfusion. The doctor said that the level of hemoglobin was very low in the purchased blood.
Investigations are underway. DCO Hafizabad, Shakir Hussain said that the child was admitted in hospital on 28th February and he was suffering from blood cancer. DCO further said that Farooq from blood bank charged Rs. 1500 from the child’s family and got the bottle of blood from outside.
- Abdul Latif Sheikh becomes first Pakistani doctor to win prestigious ...06:18 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif to return to Pakistan in September, claims Javed Latif05:28 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nation celebrates 75th Independence Day with Pakistan’s first ...05:04 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza’s new video on Independence Day goes viral03:20 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic’s new bold video sets internet on fire02:45 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022