Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee to meet for Ramzan crescent sighting on Sunday evening
Talking to a state-run news agency, the official said that the other members of the committee would attend Zonal and District Ruet-e-Hilal Committees at their respective places.
The meeting of Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) committee would be held at the Ministry of Religious Affairs, near the General Post Office (GPO) Islamabad.
All information about the positioning of the crescent could be conveyed to Chairman, Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee on Cell No. 0300-9285203 and 0321-2022000; Mushahid Hussain Khalid, Director (R&R) on Cell No 0300-6831822 ; Hafiz Abdul Qudoos, Deputy Director (Q) on Cell No 0333-2697051 and Pakistan Meteorological Department, Karachi on 021-99261412 and 021-99261413.
Ruet-e-Hilal Committee Chairman Mufti Munib-ur-Rehman would announce the decision of crescent sighting or otherwise subsequently on the basis of information received.
Earlier on April 26, the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) predicted that the Ramazan moon would likely be sighted on the evening of May 6.
The MET office said that according to the astronomical parameters that there is no chance of sighting of the new moon on the evening of May 05 (29 Shaaban).
However, Saudi Arabia and other Middle East countries will be able to see the moon on May 05 and hold the first fast of the holy month on May 06.
- Five children killed, three injured as roof collapses in Lodhran04:24 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Covid vaccination certificate mandatory for domestic air travel from ...02:54 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Hiba Bukhari’s new dance video goes viral02:02 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021