Shahid Afridi talks about a girl he liked who turned out to be a man in real
“Shahid Afridi: An Autobiography”, written with journalist Wajahat S Khan, is an account of one of modern-day cricket’s most controversial and high-achieving practitioners, who in 1996, as a 16-year-old, hammered a record-breaking 37-ball century.
Afridi writes in his book that he has always liked to party. He said that he talked to a girl all night in a night club in one of his visits to Australia.
Sharing the incident of his heart-break, Afridi said that he used to talk to a girl over the phone back in 90s.
“Before I was married this girl would often phone me. Her voice was amazing. mobile phones were newly introduced and were quite expensive then. I spent a lot to hear that girl’s voice,” he wrote.
Afridi wrote that after talking over the phone for months, they decided to meet.
Recalling its drop scene, Afridi said, “The bell rang and there stood a young man holding some roses. I received the shock of my life when he said he was the same girl I'd been talking to all these months."
Now, isn't that a funny story?
- PAKvNED: Pakistan beat Netherlands by 16 runs in first ODI11:00 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Seven Indian soldiers killed, scores injured in deadly bus accident ...10:48 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir talks about life after Asim Azhar controversy09:27 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Why Mushk Kaleem's mother did not allow her to wear a saree?08:06 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022