Shahid Afridi talks about a girl he liked who turned out to be a man in real
“Shahid Afridi: An Autobiography”, written with journalist Wajahat S Khan, is an account of one of modern-day cricket’s most controversial and high-achieving practitioners, who in 1996, as a 16-year-old, hammered a record-breaking 37-ball century.
Afridi writes in his book that he has always liked to party. He said that he talked to a girl all night in a night club in one of his visits to Australia.
Sharing the incident of his heart-break, Afridi said that he used to talk to a girl over the phone back in 90s.
“Before I was married this girl would often phone me. Her voice was amazing. mobile phones were newly introduced and were quite expensive then. I spent a lot to hear that girl’s voice,” he wrote.
Afridi wrote that after talking over the phone for months, they decided to meet.
Recalling its drop scene, Afridi said, “The bell rang and there stood a young man holding some roses. I received the shock of my life when he said he was the same girl I'd been talking to all these months."
Now, isn't that a funny story?
- Pakistani athlete Najma Parveen finishes last in Tokyo Olympics11:38 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan’s first meme auctioned for $52,00009:40 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021