The extravaganzas of wedding: Wedding Atelier 2018 displays just what is needed for a big fat desi wedding
LAHORE - The year is close to end and with this it is evident that we are going to welcome winter too. Winter in Pakistan is the season of wedding and parties. The Fashion Council Pakistan also decided to dedicate its recent Fashion Week for the winter and Festive season and called it ‘Fashion Pakistan Week Winter/Festive 2018’.
Keeping this in mind, the Carbon Events and Fashion Pakistan Week came together with an idea of ‘Bridal Trend Forecast Vision 2020’, and held a two-day extravagant wedding expo ‘The Wedding Atelier 2018’ at Marquee Hall of Pearl Continental Hotel, Karachi that covered all the details that are related to or needed for a big fat wedding.
There were three major segments of the event: the main exhibition hall, Brides Through The Looking Glass, and the stage for panel discussions and announcements.
A exhibitory segment at the hall was “Brides Through The Looking Glass” a red carpet segment that featured installations by some of our favorite designers like Sania Maskatiy, Sana Safinaz, Tena Durrani, Zainub Chotani, Republic Womenswear, Talha Batla from Hilal, Zara Shahjahan, Nida Azwer and Deepak Perwani.
A penal discussion was held at the evening of day 1 in which a team of experts gave their insightful advice to selected audience. The panellists belonged to giants of industry like Skin specialist and dermatologist Dr. Tasneem Nakhoda makeup maestro Natasha Lakhani of Natasah Salon, fitness trainer Jeannette Faruqi of Studio X, Jewelry designer Rehana Saigol and Sana Hashwani of Sana Safinaz!
A surprise fashion segment by Ansab Jahangir of Ansab Jahangir Studio featuring models Michelle, Misbah and Anisa in stunning in regal ensembles was flashed at their stall. The surprise took it height when beautiful Ayeza Khan came in red wedding outfit with detailed golden work.
On day 2, the most exciting part of the event was the selection of on lucky couple for ‘My Big Fat Karachi Wedding’. For that the orgnizers of the event brought all the wedding industry on board (who were directly and indirectly related to the event) who decided to select a one to-be-married couple to get benefitted. The lucky couple will have everything complementary from the dresses of bride and groom to jewellery to saloons to home accessories and even the wedding event arrangement.
The 60 big names related to of wedding industry took part in this extravagant event consisting fashion designers, saloons, jewellery, shoes, accessories, furniture, home appliances, wedding planners, decorators, caterers and even travel agent for honeymoon destinations.
The organizer and the brain behind this Wedding Atelier, the CEO of Carbon Event, Sarah Chapra told Daily Pakistan, “We wanted to this for so long. The idea behind this event is to bring each and everything related to wedding under one roof. Gone are the days when parents used to do the preparation for their children’s weddings. These days, brides and grooms are very particular about their looks they decide everything by themselves on their weddings. So, this is the place, where one can come and have an idea that what is in what should be do done. They can also get many new ideas from here to make their big day more special.”
She further said that it was very difficult to bring all these participants together in beginning but by the efforts of our team, they had succeeded to manage to put this show up and hope to continue that practice in future as well.
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan marks “World No Tobacco Day” today11:49 AM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020