US House panel to grill Zuckerberg over Facebook data breach next week
The Chief Executive Officer of tech giant would appear before the US House Energy and Commerce Committee on April 11th to clarify his position over the data breach, that apparently helped Donald Trump occupy the Oval office in 2016.
“This hearing will be an important opportunity to shed light on critical consumer data privacy issues and help all Americans better understand what happens to their personal information online,” the panel’s Republican chairman Greg Walden and top Democrat Frank Pallone said in a statement.
Facebook data breach and Cambridge Analytica's ... 01:48 PM | 21 Mar, 2018
WASHINGTON - The scathing allegations regarding the massive data breach of social networking giant Facebook has stirred ...
The social networking giant has faced flak in recent weeks after it was revealed by one of the whistleblowers that political consulting firm Cambridge Analytica, which worked for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, gained access to the personal data of 50 million Facebook users, though the social network recently confirmed that the victims might be over 87 million.
Facebook said in March it had suspended the accounts of Cambridge Analytica and its parent company claiming that it would investigate all applications that had gotten access to large amounts of data.
Facebook faces loss of $70 billion since data ... 11:20 AM | 27 Mar, 2018
WASHINGTON - In what appeared to be a major blow to Facebook, the social networking giant's shares continued to ...
The 33-year-old founder said last month he would testify before Congress, however, he turned down an invitation by British lawmakers to explain to a parliamentary committee about the privacy fiasco.
The scandal hit the headlines and Facebook on March 17, with the firm facing a loss over $70 billion in the market in just ten days.
Apart from US, several other states including UK and Canada have also launched investigations against Facebook and any possible data breach that could harm their national security and interests.
- Honda increases car prices by up to Rs126,00006:51 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup – Papua New Guinea win toss, opt to bat first against ...06:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- ‘Beti Patao’ – Indian PM Modi’s latest gaffe sparks meme fest ...05:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Usman Mukhtar opens up about his equation with Naimal Khawar05:25 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- 'Main Chala’ - Salman Khan shares the teaser of his latest music ...04:33 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021