Nida Yasir faces backlash over fashion choices
Nida Yasir has slowly yet surely carved a niche for herself in the domain of hosting morning shows in Pakistan.
With celebrities getting trolled left, right and centre nowadays, this time around the Good Morning Pakistan host is at the receiving end of fashion police and moral police.
The 47-year-old was slammed for her wardrobe choices as she dressed up in a casual brown shalwar with a scarf.
Flaunting her new look, she took to her Instagram handle and shared pictures with her fan following.
View this post on Instagram
The moral brigade did not hold back, highlighting the choice of her clothing. Derogatory comments also poured under Nida's picture.
Some of the comments also delivered a lecture on her dressing and deemed her attire 'manly'.
Unfortunately, the norm of bashing public figures in Pakistan is now quite common and has resulted in the exploitation of the freedom of speech.
Why did Nida Yasir slap Adnan Shah Tipu 21 times? 05:51 PM | 17 Mar, 2021
An actor par excellence, Adnan Shah Tipu is undoubtedly a talent powerhouse who has proved his mettle by delivering ...
- SC directs govt to provide alternate site to PTI for 'Azadi' march02:22 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Saudi Arabia finalising extension of $3 billion deposit to support ...01:37 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Microsoft for Startups MEA’s GrowthX Accelerator cohort 2 reaches ...12:36 PM | 25 May, 2022
- 'Azadi March': Clashes erupt between police, PTI protesters in Lahore ...11:46 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Another #US school shooting leaves 19 children dead11:22 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Sajal's healing words for Ahad's ailing aunt win her praise11:15 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Pakistani beauty mogul Shiza teams up with Selena Gomez for cookware ...10:17 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Srha Asghar and Rabya Kulsoom's dance video goes viral06:18 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022