US Army allows hijab, beards and turbans for soldiers
The new rules were issued by Secretary of the Army Eric Fanning that allow female Muslim soldiers to wear hijab while performing their duty.
After the new regulation, the brigade-level commanders will be authorised to grant accommodations to servicemen and women who wear beards, turbans, or hijabs for religious reasons. The female soldiers can also wear cornrows, dreadlocks and twists, as long as they are uniform and neat.
It is important to mention here that more female Muslim U.S. citizens take active part in different spheres of life in the country. 2016 marked the first time a Muslim headscarf-wearing woman was elected as a lawmaker.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England by 3 runs in 4th T20I11:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Ishaq Dar due in Pakistan tonight by flight carrying PM Shehbaz Sharif08:36 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Dananeer fangirls over Yami Gautum at Chicago South Asian Film ...06:40 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022