US Army allows hijab, beards and turbans for soldiers
The new rules were issued by Secretary of the Army Eric Fanning that allow female Muslim soldiers to wear hijab while performing their duty.
After the new regulation, the brigade-level commanders will be authorised to grant accommodations to servicemen and women who wear beards, turbans, or hijabs for religious reasons. The female soldiers can also wear cornrows, dreadlocks and twists, as long as they are uniform and neat.
It is important to mention here that more female Muslim U.S. citizens take active part in different spheres of life in the country. 2016 marked the first time a Muslim headscarf-wearing woman was elected as a lawmaker.
- Journalist gunned down in Lahore05:28 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- SBP keeps policy rate unchanged at 9.75%05:18 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Dr. Irum Saba inducted into Salaam Takaful Limited’s Shariah Board05:04 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Humaima Malick quashes marriage rumours03:55 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Alizeh Shah offered 'item song' after her smoking video went viral03:00 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021