CJP assures provision of voting rights to Pakistani expatriates
Hearing a case related to dual citizenship of judges and civil servants, Justice Nisar declared it is about time that overseas Pakistanis are allowed to be part of the local electioral process.
"Overseas Pakistanis have exercised enough patience. We will provide them with the right to cast votes," observed the top judge.
The CJP noted that candidates holding dual nationalities were elected in the recent Senate elections but hastened to add that he was unaware of their identities.
Plan for voting right to overseas Pakistanis not ... 06:40 PM | 18 Aug, 2015
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report)- Election Commission has dispelled the impression that it was backtracking from its plan to ...
The secretary establishment, who appeared before the court, informed that 22 ministries were part of the 43 divisions.
According to the report submitted in the apex court, the number of civil servants holding dual nationalities is 64 in Punjab, 5 in Sindh, 9 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), 8 in Balochistan, 28 in Azad Kashmir, and 1 in Gilgit Baltistan.
Justice Nisar, remarked that any civil servant found guilty of concealing information about dual citizenship would be removed from their position. He also noted that judges of the apex court were not allowed to hold dual nationalities due to the sensitive nature of their profession.
He asserted that the data pertaining to dual citizenship of government officers was very important.
Questioning the number of dual citizens in the prime minister's secretariat, the CJP summoned the premier's principal secretary, Fawad Hasan Fawad.
The hearing was then adjourned till 4.30PM.
- Thank You, Pakistan, For Welcoming Cricket Live Streaming For Free!10:31 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Canada lauds Pakistan's constructive role during Afghan crisis09:04 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Orange Line Metro Train marks its 1st anniversary with a milestone of ...08:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran woos investors at Riyadh investment forum08:19 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran Khan addresses Middle East Green Initiative Summit in Saudi ...07:49 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Mira Sethi questions the definition of masculinity that targets ...07:15 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Twitter hilariously trolls Akshay Kumar after Pakistan's victory ...05:38 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Babar Azam's father breaks into tears after Pakistan’s victory ...04:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021