Security measures announced for PSL final in Karachi
The PSL title’s decider will take place at National Stadium Karachi on March 25. Such a high-level event is going to thrill the citizens years after it remained under threats.
The letter states marriage halls, restaurants, markets, and other offices located around Shahrah-e-Faisal and Karsaz Road will remain closed from Sunday 6am to Monday 6am (24 hours).
It warns that legal action will be taken against the violators.
PCB chief Najam Sethi announced last year that the final of PSL’s third edition will take place in Karachi. He added that a complete overhaul of the city’s derelict stadium will be carried out in order to host the mega event.
The renovation, which is underway, is expected to cost Rs1.5billion to the PCB. Some media reports suggest it is uncertain whether work will be completed before the deadline.
However, as per Daily Express, the PCB has decided that the National Stadium of Karachi will host the final even if the renovation works are not completed in time.
With less than three weeks remaining in the final, preparation for pitch and outfield is underway, while dressing rooms are also being renovated.
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Negligence in serving expats unacceptable, PMImran tells Pakistani ...09:49 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021