Security measures announced for PSL final in Karachi
The PSL title’s decider will take place at National Stadium Karachi on March 25. Such a high-level event is going to thrill the citizens years after it remained under threats.
The letter states marriage halls, restaurants, markets, and other offices located around Shahrah-e-Faisal and Karsaz Road will remain closed from Sunday 6am to Monday 6am (24 hours).
It warns that legal action will be taken against the violators.
PCB chief Najam Sethi announced last year that the final of PSL’s third edition will take place in Karachi. He added that a complete overhaul of the city’s derelict stadium will be carried out in order to host the mega event.
The renovation, which is underway, is expected to cost Rs1.5billion to the PCB. Some media reports suggest it is uncertain whether work will be completed before the deadline.
However, as per Daily Express, the PCB has decided that the National Stadium of Karachi will host the final even if the renovation works are not completed in time.
With less than three weeks remaining in the final, preparation for pitch and outfield is underway, while dressing rooms are also being renovated.
- PM Imran hints at civil war if Taliban fail to form inclusive govt in ...10:06 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:33 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan logs 2,333 new Covid infections, 47 deaths in past 24 hours09:12 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 22 September 202108:47 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021