LRBT successfully treats 1,648 patients in single day
KARACHI - Layton Rahmatullah Benevolent Trust (LRBT) on Wednesday achieved another milestone in treating 1,648 patients in a single day.
LRBT, which runs a network of 77 facilities (19 hospitals and 58 Primary eye centers) which covers around 70% of Pakistan’s poor population. Most of LRBT’s facilities are located in small towns, villages and in the urban slums. LRBT addresses every aspect of visual impairment with state of the art technology including cataract, vitreous retina, glaucoma, cornea transplant, and diabetic retinopathy.
The average being 1,050 patients a day at this hospital and over 10,600 patients daily average collectively at all LRBT facilities. These figures show how eye diseases are spreading at an alarming pace in the country and since LRBT is the single entity treating the highest number of patients, it brings severe burden on the charity to raise sufficient funding for this purpose. LRBT has, since its inception so far treated over 44 million patients making it Pakistan’s largest NGO.
This year LRBT needs to raise over 1.5 billion rupees to meet the expenses for the treatment of millions of underprivileged eye patients expected to visit the facilities. This generous support can be extended through Zakat or donation.
This medical facility is providing free treatment to the poor since 1985 and the one national safety net in eye care for the underprivileged in the country.-PR
- Pakistan calls for lifting restrictions in IoJ&K as COVID-19 pandemic ...10:58 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- German minister commits suicide 'over coronavirus'09:25 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Syria confirms first coronavirus death08:49 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 16 deaths; Coronavirus cases rise to 1,58907:30 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Spain's Princess Maria first royalty to die from coronavirus07:15 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019