LRBT successfully treats 1,648 patients in single day
KARACHI - Layton Rahmatullah Benevolent Trust (LRBT) on Wednesday achieved another milestone in treating 1,648 patients in a single day.
LRBT, which runs a network of 77 facilities (19 hospitals and 58 Primary eye centers) which covers around 70% of Pakistan’s poor population. Most of LRBT’s facilities are located in small towns, villages and in the urban slums. LRBT addresses every aspect of visual impairment with state of the art technology including cataract, vitreous retina, glaucoma, cornea transplant, and diabetic retinopathy.
The average being 1,050 patients a day at this hospital and over 10,600 patients daily average collectively at all LRBT facilities. These figures show how eye diseases are spreading at an alarming pace in the country and since LRBT is the single entity treating the highest number of patients, it brings severe burden on the charity to raise sufficient funding for this purpose. LRBT has, since its inception so far treated over 44 million patients making it Pakistan’s largest NGO.
This year LRBT needs to raise over 1.5 billion rupees to meet the expenses for the treatment of millions of underprivileged eye patients expected to visit the facilities. This generous support can be extended through Zakat or donation.
This medical facility is providing free treatment to the poor since 1985 and the one national safety net in eye care for the underprivileged in the country.-PR
- COAS satisfied over LEA’s coherent response for peace in Karachi12:05 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- India, China agree to cool down tension along LAC after Galwan clash10:58 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- India approves purchase of Russian fighter jets amid border stand-off ...10:32 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Stock Exchange sets up fund for attack victims10:26 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- At least 126 jade miners buried in Myanmar landslide10:11 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Khan's home staff contract coronavirus01:32 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat writes a heartwarming birthday wish for filmmaker Uzma ...12:57 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Samra Raza Mir to release a new song soon12:36 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020