Independent Palestine only solution to Middle East conflict: Maleeha Lodhi
NEW YORK (APP) - Pakistan has reiterated that a just, sustainable and equitable resolution of the Middle East conflict is only possible through establishment of an independent Palestine state.
Speaking in a debate on Palestine in the UN General Assembly, Pakistan's permanent representative to the world body Maleeha Lodhi said, the Palestinian state should be based on pre-1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital.
She urged the UN Security Council to play its due role in early resolution of the Middle East conflict.
Maleeha Lodhi expressed her support for the Palestinian demand for international protection.
She insisted that pressure be mounted on Israel to immediately lift the blockade of Gaza.
She also called for release of all Palestinian detainees, end to demolition of Palestinian houses and illegal settlement construction.
- Coaster, tractor trolley collision leaves two dead, 15 injured near ...09:47 AM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Israeli strikes: At least 26 Palestinians martyred in Gaza Strip09:17 AM | 14 Nov, 2019
- PM Imran directs for close coordination among ministries to counter ...08:37 AM | 14 Nov, 2019
- European NGO uncovers fake Indian news websites working against ...11:31 PM | 13 Nov, 2019
- Shehbaz Sharif to hold important press conference on Thursday10:32 PM | 13 Nov, 2019
- Robert De Niro will be honoured with Lifetime Achievement award04:25 PM | 13 Nov, 2019
- This Pakistani makeup artist's flawless transformation into Madam ...04:11 PM | 13 Nov, 2019
- Watch: Protester kisses Lebanese TV anchor during live broadcast03:36 PM | 13 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019