Independent Palestine only solution to Middle East conflict: Maleeha Lodhi
NEW YORK (APP) - Pakistan has reiterated that a just, sustainable and equitable resolution of the Middle East conflict is only possible through establishment of an independent Palestine state.
Speaking in a debate on Palestine in the UN General Assembly, Pakistan's permanent representative to the world body Maleeha Lodhi said, the Palestinian state should be based on pre-1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital.
She urged the UN Security Council to play its due role in early resolution of the Middle East conflict.
Maleeha Lodhi expressed her support for the Palestinian demand for international protection.
She insisted that pressure be mounted on Israel to immediately lift the blockade of Gaza.
She also called for release of all Palestinian detainees, end to demolition of Palestinian houses and illegal settlement construction.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019