Independent Palestine only solution to Middle East conflict: Maleeha Lodhi
NEW YORK (APP) - Pakistan has reiterated that a just, sustainable and equitable resolution of the Middle East conflict is only possible through establishment of an independent Palestine state.
Speaking in a debate on Palestine in the UN General Assembly, Pakistan's permanent representative to the world body Maleeha Lodhi said, the Palestinian state should be based on pre-1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital.
She urged the UN Security Council to play its due role in early resolution of the Middle East conflict.
Maleeha Lodhi expressed her support for the Palestinian demand for international protection.
She insisted that pressure be mounted on Israel to immediately lift the blockade of Gaza.
She also called for release of all Palestinian detainees, end to demolition of Palestinian houses and illegal settlement construction.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019