NATO appoints former Italian envoy to Pakistan as representative in Afghanistan
BRUSSELS - Former Italian ambassador to Pakistan, Stefano Pontecorvo has been appointed as North Atlantic Treaty Organisation’s (NATO) senior civil representative in Afghanistan.
The announcement was made on social media by NATO's Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg who said that Pontecorvo will take up his post on 1st of the next month.
SG @JensStoltenberg appointed 🇮🇹’s Amb Pontecorvo NATO Senior Civilian Rep to 🇦🇫.— 🇮🇹 Italy at NATO (@ItalyatNATO) May 4, 2020
His knowledge of the region will be key to preserve the progress achieved in #Afghanistan, a country w/ a long history of friendship with Italy.
Thank you @NicholasK111, good luck @pontecorvoste! pic.twitter.com/0qq1nFXMSI
Pontecorvo brings a long-standing diplomatic experience, including in Afghanistan and the broad regional context. He is an Italian national and had served as Italy's ambassador to Pakistan.
- ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh dies at 91 from Covid-19 complications01:25 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- On this day in 2017, Pakistan defeated India to win maiden ICC ...09:06 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021