NATO appoints former Italian envoy to Pakistan as representative in Afghanistan
BRUSSELS - Former Italian ambassador to Pakistan, Stefano Pontecorvo has been appointed as North Atlantic Treaty Organisation’s (NATO) senior civil representative in Afghanistan.
The announcement was made on social media by NATO's Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg who said that Pontecorvo will take up his post on 1st of the next month.
SG @JensStoltenberg appointed 🇮🇹’s Amb Pontecorvo NATO Senior Civilian Rep to 🇦🇫.— Italy at NATO 🇮🇹 (@ItalyatNATO) May 4, 2020
His knowledge of the region will be key to preserve the progress achieved in #Afghanistan, a country w/ a long history of friendship with Italy.
Thank you @NicholasK111, good luck @pontecorvoste! pic.twitter.com/0qq1nFXMSI
Pontecorvo brings a long-standing diplomatic experience, including in Afghanistan and the broad regional context. He is an Italian national and had served as Italy's ambassador to Pakistan.
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- COVID-19 outbreak: NCOC seeks provinces' feedback on opening more ...08:39 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Latest pics of Nawaz Sharif, having coffee in London, take Twitter by ...09:57 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020