China develops high-speed unmanned sea vessel
According to state-run daily people’s liberation army (PLA), the 10.25-meter-long "SeaFly-01" vessel completed a test at Nanhu Lake in Wuhan on October 27.
This intelligent vessel has a maximum speed of 45 knots.
This was built with carbon fibre material and is equipped with BeiDou communication navigation technology, it said.
As per the report, it is able to "learn" independently and avoid obstacles, among other functions.
The vessel is able to carry a photoelectric scout device, light weapons, sonar and other equipment, and can be applied in a broad scope of applications including coastal patrol, armed confrontation, submarine detection and water-quality monitoring, it stated.
- COVID-19: Punjab University announces 20% concession in fees06:46 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Covid scare at G7 meeting after Indian delegates test positive06:39 PM | 5 May, 2021
- IMF loan conditions carry political cost, says Pakistan finance ...06:26 PM | 5 May, 2021
- HBL enables e-Commerce Transactions for all PayPak Cards05:43 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Punjab announces complete lockdown from May 805:33 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Eshal Fayyaz gets candid about her marriage rumours with ...01:47 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Deepika Padukone, family test positive as India’s coronavirus surge ...10:54 AM | 5 May, 2021