Pakistan hikes electricty price by Rs1.68 per unit
ISLAMABAD – The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) has approved Rs1.68 per unit increase in electricity rates for domestic users.
The development comes hours after the federal government increased petroleum price by up to Rs8.03 per litre in a bid to revive the International Monetary Fund (IMF) prgramme.
The households that consume less than 200 units will be exempted from the latest hike.
For the industrial sector, the government has increased the power tariff by Rs1.39 per unit.
The new price will come into effect from November 1, 2021 and it will also be applicable for K-Electric.
Govt increases petrol prices to record high of ... 09:03 AM | 5 Nov, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The government has increased the petrol prices by Rs8.03 a day after Prime Minister Imran Khan ...
- PCB unveils commentators for PSL 202205:02 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- 'Main Chala’ - Salman Khan shares the teaser of his latest music ...04:33 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021