Hijab wearing overseas Pakistani becomes first to enter Miss England finals
Sara Ifthekar is a law student at Huddersfield, qualified for the Miss England competition after being named Miss Huddersfield 2018 and Miss Yorkshire Popularity 2018.
Sara was among 50 competitors for the contest and hoped to become the first Muslim winner.where as previous Muslim competitors have chosen to wear headscarves, Iftekhar will be the first finalist to do so.
“It just proves Miss England represents the way England is today,” competition spokeswoman Angie Beasley was quoted as saying.
Apart from being a law student and model, Iftekhar is also a make-up artist and often shares pictures of herself wearing traditional Pakistani dresses on social media.
View this post on Instagram
SOCIAL MEDIA ROUND! For me to be crowned Miss Social Media England 2018👸🏻 Please follow the rules: 1) LIKE THIS PHOTO. 1 Like = 1 Vote. 2) DROP A FOLLOW @missenglandnews It would really mean a lot to me if you all like this photo. Lots of love Sara iftekhar ~ Miss huddersfield 2018 👑 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ #missengland #missengland2018 #misspopularity #misshuddersfield #fashionblogger #pakistanifashion #muslimahfashion #like #hijab #fashionblogger #ootd #hijabfashion #pakistanlookbook #pakistantrendsetter #pakistanstreetstyle #likeforlike #pakistanvogue #modestroute
She also started a clothing business aged 16. “I may be the first woman to wear a hijab . However, I am just a regular girl and we all have a fair opportunity in this contest ,” the BBC quoted her as saying, adding that Iftekhar said she entered the contest for “a bit of fun.”
“If I want to cover myself up and dress modestly why should that be an issue? I am just like the other contestants,” stated Sara Ifthekhar.
Wishing you all the best to Sara!
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Balochistan doctors allowed to carry out private practice in ...05:23 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019