Lata Mangeshkar not happy with Atif Aslam's version of 'Chalte Chalte'
According to Indian media, Lata has not yet listened to the song and she does not want to either as it 'saddens' her. “And I don’t want to hear it. This trend of remixing old songs saddens me. Where is the creativity in simply lifting acknowledged, beloved classics and shuffling the notes around? I’ve even heard that the lyrics are changed in the remixes. By whose consent?” the veteran singer said.
“The original poets and composers wrote what they had to. Nobody has the right to tamper with the creativity of these great composers and lyricists,” Lata shared.
Initially featured in the 1972 Bollywood classic Pakeezah, Chalte Chalte was composed by Ghulam Muhammad and picturised on Meena Kumari. Pakistan’s Atif Aslam has given a new version of the song for Bollywood film 'Mitron' and it fails to leave an impact.
“Chalo humaare gaanon ke saath ye zulm kartey hain (They do this with our songs)... but their audacity is increasing by the day. Now they’ve started doing this to Lata Didi’s song as well,” she added.
What's your say on this?
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021