Man harassed girls on social media gets 6 years in jail
An Islamabad’s session court Judge Tahir Mahmood has also imposed of fine of Rs400,000 on convict Amir Shamas.
The convict will have to face further 6-months jail on not paying fine.
Shamas was awarded punishment for doctoring photos of the victims and blackmailing them through social media.
The convict has been rounded up in 2017 under Sections 20 (offences against dignity), 21 (offences against modesty) and 24 (cyberstalking) of the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act (PECA) 2016.
- Hafeez Shaikh decides to not resign as finance minister after PM ...06:10 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- PTI asks ECP to withhold victory notification of Yousaf Raza Gillani05:45 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- British Pakistani lawyer fights case for 34,000 international ...04:38 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Hema Malini receives COVID-19 jab04:32 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife wishes to reconcile for their children04:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan’s first OTT platform UrduFlix is now live03:52 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Vote of confidence – Pakistani celebs voice support for PM Imran ...02:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021