Mercedes unveils its first fully-electric SUV
A key rival to the Jaguar I-Pace, Tesla Model X and soon-to-be-revealed Audi e-tron Quattro, the new five-seat EQC SUV is the first dedicated electric Mercedes-Benz model to be placed into series production due before 2025.
The Mercedes EQC, based around a heavily modified version of the GLC platform, is not the company's first electric vehicle. But it represents a change in strategy and economies of scale that may present a major threat to Tesla's domination.
The EQC will be driven by two electric motors - one powering the front wheels, the other the rear - with a combined power output of 408hp.
Mercedes is claiming a provisional driving range of more than 280 miles from an 80kWh battery.
United set to take on Suzuki Mehran with Bravo's ... 07:28 PM | 5 Sep, 2018
LAHORE - United Motors is all set to launch its much anticipated 800cc Bravo compact hatchback this Saturday (September ...
The company had intended to invest €10 billion ($11.5 billion) on the line, but the spending has since increased, Daimler AG Chief Executive Officer Dieter Zetsche said Wednesday in Stockholm.
According to Germany-based automaker, the EQC's styling, with a low waistline and a rear roof recess, place it between an SUV and SUV-coupe in terms of looks.
On the move, drivers will be able to select from five driving modes - comfort, eco, max range, sport and individual - and be able to adjust the level of battery recuperation using paddles behind the steering wheel.
A haptic accelerator pedal will encourage the driver to conserve power, and an eco-assist system will use information including traffic sign recognition and sat-nav data to predict when the driver can lift off to save charge, like when approaching an area with a lower speed limit.
Other onboard technology will include the MBUX infotainment system, and specific EQ services such as pre-entry climate control and EQ-optimised sat-nav.
The EQC is set to arrive in mid-2019. Prices are yet to be confirmed.
- Shaheen shines in Qalandars enthralling win against Kings11:55 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Indian man killed by own rooster during cockfight10:25 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- No Pakistani bowler, all-rounder among top players in latest ICC test ...09:34 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Petroleum prices will remain the same in March, confirms Finance ...08:08 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Myanmar military fires UN ambassador after anti-coup speech amid 7 ...07:21 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Osman Khalid Butt takes to social media after 'wedding' pics with ...05:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga's French dogs returned unharmed06:52 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021