How much property did Pakistanis buy in Dubai in the last 6 months? Shocking facts
Pakistanis have invested over 18bn dirhams (Rs512bn) in Dubai realty market in the last two-and-a-half years.
In 2015, Indian nationals ranked the highest value foreigners, making property transactions worth 20bn dirhams from 8,756 investors. Britons came in at second with a total of 10bn dirhams worth of property transactions from 4,889 investors while Pakistanis ranked third with 8bn dirhams from 6,106 investors.
In 2014, Pakistanis were at second position with 5,079 transactions with a total of 7.59-dirham investment. Indians topped the list with purchase of 18.1bn dirhams worth of property on 7,353 transactions, whereas Britons invested 9.32bn dirhams.
The owner of Parekh Estate in Clifton Abdul Wahab Parekh said “Our politicians, bureaucrats and some genuine buyers have lifted properties in Dubai instead of local businessmen.” “Businessmen have pulled out their money from banks after introduction of 0.3 to 0.6 per cent withholding tax on filers and non-filers on tax returns. They have basically parked their money abroad.”
However, property dealers in the local market paint an uncertain future after the introduction of new valuation rates, saying the real estate market has become inactive.
- Info Minister's brother Faisal Chaudhry made NAB prosecutor10:26 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Ahead of UN talks, FM Qureshi calls for unfreezing of Afghan assets ...09:56 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:32 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,897 new Covid cases, lowest in two months09:04 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 21 September 202108:35 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021