Pakistan Railways appoints first female Station Manager
LAHORE - Lahore railway station got the first female officer as station manager in its history, a source close to the development said on Thursday.
The railway authorities have appointed Assistant Transport Officer (ATO) Lahore Syeda Marzia Al-Zahra as the station manager of Lahore railway station and withdrew the additional charge of station manager Lahore from station master Lahore Cantt Younis Bhatti.
After this, Railway sources said that Syeda Marzia has become the first female station manager of Pakistan Railways.
However, on the other hand, the Railway Sampars Union has called for a protest against the appointment of CSP officer in the post of the station manager, Daily Times reported.
Union Central Chairman Muhammad Irfan, while expressing reservations over the appointment, said that if the notification was not canceled, the union would protest.
- NCOC allows reopening of primary level schools from Sep 30 under ...11:28 AM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Federal Cabinet meeting to discuss 16-point agenda today09:51 AM | 29 Sep, 2020
- WHO decides to provide 120 mln rapid COVID-19 diagnostic tests to ...09:19 AM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan marks Int’l Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste today08:52 AM | 29 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran to address Financing for Development summit today08:32 AM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Adnan Sidiqqui pens an emotional note for his daughters02:53 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- ZEE5 Global unveils the first look of new Zindagi Original ‘Ek ...02:25 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar share the most adorable selfie with ...01:38 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020