Assad is Tehran's red line in Syria, says top adviser to Khamenei
According to Iranian media reports, Ali Akbar Velayati went on to say that Assad's future can only be determined about the people of Syria and no force outside the country can make any decide the future of Syria.
He added that Assad was elected president of Syria and reflects the public opinion at the moment.
The statement comes weeks after United States and Russia convinced Saudi Arabia and other Arab nations to involve Tehran in a dialogue to decide the political future of Syria amid rising threat of Islamic State group.
Iran is not directly involved in the conflict, however West and Arabs strongly believe the Islamic republic is main weapons supplier to Assad in fight against rebels.
Russia is also keeping up airforce operations in Syria to support the regime of Bashar al-Assad.
- PM Imran to attend Middle East Green Initiative summit in Saudi Arabia06:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani Ertugrul! Interior Minister Shiekh Rashid's horse ride ...05:53 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali silences body-shamers in latest viral video04:02 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Iffat Omar trolled for wearing revealing dress01:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Mahira Khan, Fawad Khan win hearts with adorable BTS photos from ...02:32 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021