Assad is Tehran's red line in Syria, says top adviser to Khamenei
According to Iranian media reports, Ali Akbar Velayati went on to say that Assad's future can only be determined about the people of Syria and no force outside the country can make any decide the future of Syria.
He added that Assad was elected president of Syria and reflects the public opinion at the moment.
The statement comes weeks after United States and Russia convinced Saudi Arabia and other Arab nations to involve Tehran in a dialogue to decide the political future of Syria amid rising threat of Islamic State group.
Iran is not directly involved in the conflict, however West and Arabs strongly believe the Islamic republic is main weapons supplier to Assad in fight against rebels.
Russia is also keeping up airforce operations in Syria to support the regime of Bashar al-Assad.
- EU invites PM Imran for state visit – first for any Pakistani head ...10:30 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:00 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily COVID-19 cases since March08:50 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 June 202108:27 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh dies at 91 from Covid-19 complications01:25 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021