Gilgit boy commits suicide over visa delay
Rahim Jan, 20, a resident of Yasin Thoi, District Ghizer, some 100 kilometer north of the Gilgit city, was planning to reach Dubai for which he had applied for a visa.
Police said the youth did not get the visa after several attempts, which prompted him to aim a gun at himself. Rahim locked himself in a room at his home, the police said, and opened fire on himself with a 12 bore gun.
The 20-year-old died instantly.
The body was shifted to a hospital for medico-legal formalities, however, the family members refused the police to carry an autopsy.
The victim was laid to rest at his ancestral graveyard in Thoi Valley.
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4009:33 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petrol prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani mangoes hit Singapore markets07:55 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021