Masroor Nawaz Jhangvi clarifies hate policy regarding rivals
He said that he won the election because people displayed trust in his late father’s personality.
Talking to a local television channel, Jhangvi said that he was the representative of his area and now represented everyone, including those who did not vote for him.
“The beauty of democracy is that once you win the election, you not only represent the people who have voted for you but also those who didn’t”, he said.
He was also grilled about a video in which he could be seen abusing a police officer for belonging to a different sect, but he responded that the video was at least 5 to 6 years old and for him was a thing of past.
He claimed that the clip wasn’t from his election campaign and political rivals might have used it as an election trick but didn’t have anything to do with his election campaign.
When asked whether he had the same views like his father, Masroor Nawaz Jhangvi said that it was the trust in his father’s personality that people had voted for him.
“My father always fulfilled his commitments with the people and that is why people have voted for me. When Prime Minister Junejo came to Jhang in 1988, my father had given him an entire plan for Jhang and had asked for roads to be constructed here. It’s these policies that the people have voted for”, Jhangvi said.
It is relevant to mention here that Masroor Nawaz Jhangvi is the son of Maulana Haq Nawaz Jhangvi, who had founded the now banned Sipah-e-Sahaba, a sectarian organisation. He was killed in 1990 allegedly by members of rival sect.
- Pakistan proclaims new law to protect rights of journalists10:57 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali formally installed as Colonel Commandant of Azad ...09:07 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- British lawmakers laud Pakistan’s role in Afghanistan peace process08:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan issues visas to Indian pilgrims to visit Hindu shrine in ...07:53 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Aijaz Aslam's father passes away07:04 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir's new romantic video goes viral05:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Syra Yousuf spills the beans about co-parenting and divorce06:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021