PSL 7: Karachi Kings lose fifth match in a row as Babar fails to tackle Islamabad United
KARACHI – Islamabad United beat Karachi Kings by 42 runs in the 14th match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) season seven at Karachi's National Stadium on Sunday.
Chasing the 178-run target set by Islamabad United, Karachi Kings could score only 135 runs at the loss of 9 wickets in 20 overs. Mohammad Nabi made 47 runs off 28 balls, Sahibzada Farhan 25 off 18 balls and Lewis Gregory 15 off 16 balls.
From the Islamabad United side, bowlers Shadab Khan took four wickets for 15 runs, Hassan Ali one wicket for 26 runs and Waqas Maqsood one wicket for 28 runs.
In the first inning, Islamabad United scored 177 runs at the loss of six wickets in 20 overs. Their batsmen Paul Stirling made 39 runs off 30 balls, Shadab Khan 34 off 19 balls and Colin Munro 33 off 33 balls.
Karachi Kings bowlers Chris Jordan took two wickets for 36 runs, Imad Wasim one wicket for 22 runs and Umaid Asif one wicket for 28 runs.
Earlier, Islamabad United won the toss and elected to bat first.
In Sunday's match, Karachi Kings skipper Babar Azam set a new record by taking three stellar catches. Now the skipper has become the only non-wicketkeeping fielder to take 35 catches in the ongoing season of the PSL so far.
The situation is going from bad to worse for Karachi Kings in this season as the Babar-led squad has lost all four matches played in the tournament so far and is languishing at the bottom of the points table.
Kings have not found their footing in the national T20 league and are in dire straits. Skipper Babar was seen as a lone performer for the squad, but that couldn’t prevent his team from losing for the fourth consecutive match.
Today, they will be desperately looking to pull off their first win against United. On Friday, Kings lost a close game against Zalmi by just nine runs. Sharjeel Khan and other players are expected to give a strong opening stand with a decent strike rate.
Joe Clarke is injured, while replacement Ian Cockbain, batted really well and Mohammad Nabi failed to play any decent innings in PSL 7. Karachi Kings also lack depth in bowling as Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Ilyas have been ruled out for the remaining games due to injuries.
On the other side, Islamabad United lost a close game against Qalandars and they also will be a bit under pressure. United defeated Zalmi by nine wickets in their first fixture before losing to Multan.
United won two games and is stronger both in batting and bowling. Azam Khan along with Paul Stirling, Alex Hales, Munro, and Shadab Khan performed well for ‘Sherus’.
PSL7: Lahore Qalandars beat Islamabad United by 8 ... 04:15 PM | 5 Feb, 2022
KARACHI – Lahore Qalandars on Saturday defeated Islamabad United by eight runs in match number 12 of the ...
Islamabad United: Asif Ali, Colin Munro, Hasan Ali (both Platinum), Faheem Ashraf, Marchant De Lange, Shadab Khan, Alex Hales (Mentor), Azam Khan, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Danish Aziz, Mohammad Akhlaq, Paul Stirling, Reece Topley, Zafar Gohar, Mubasir Khan
Karachi Kings: Babar Azam, Chris Jordan, Imad Wasim, Lewis Gregory, Mohammad Nabi, Joe Clarke, Aamir Yamin, Sharjeel Khan, Mohammad Imran, Rohail Nazir, Tom Abell, Umaid Asif, Faisal Akram, Qasim Akram, Romario Shepherd
PSL7, Match 11 – Karachi Kings lose fourth ... 11:17 PM | 4 Feb, 2022
KARACHI – Peshawar Zalmi beat Karachi Kings by nine runs in match number 11 of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) ...
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Michael Weisz’s YieldStreet faces litigation of over £100 million10:48 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Asad Zaman makes into Punjab Junior Tennis quarterfinals10:20 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- DG ISPR, Information minister review Pakistan's diamond jubilee ...09:54 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- In telephone call with Blinken, FM Bilawal reiterates commitment for ...09:29 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022