Pakistan wouldn’t become part of any regional conflict, says FM Qureshi
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has reaffirmed that Pakistan would neither let its soil to be used against any other state nor become part of any regional conflict.
He expressed these views during telephonic conversations with his counterparts from Saudi Arabia, Iran, UAE and Turkey.
The Foreign Minister exchanged views with his counterparts on the unfolding situation in the region.
Highlighting Pakistan's deep concern over the recent developments, he underscored the need for avoidance of conflict, the exercise of maximum restraint, and de-escalation of tensions.
The Foreign Minister renewed the call on all parties concerned to abide by the UN Charter and principles of international law to settle differences through peaceful means.
Sharing Pakistan's perspective, he expressed the hope that the progress made in the Afghan peace process would be preserved and further advanced, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi reiterated Pakistan's readiness to continue to play its role in preventing further escalation and maintaining regional peace and stability.
- PSL 2021 — Islamabad United and Multan Sultans to fight it out ...08:18 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas lands in hot waters after latest photoshoot04:06 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021