Traffic, flight operations disrupted as dense smog engulf parts of country
LAHORE - As the dense fog engulfed most of the areas in country, especially in Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) today (Friday), the traffic and the flight operation have come to a halt.
Due to lower visibility on roads, the authorities have closed Peshawar-Swabi motorway (M1), Faisalabad-Pindi Bhattiyan M3 for traffic. The heavy traffic has also suspended on M2 from Lahore to Lillah interchange.
A number of domestic and international flights from and to Lahore have also been suspended. A Kuwait-bound flight KU 204 was delayed around four hours.
The dense smog has also affected the schedule of trains as they are reaching their destination late.
So far, accidents caused due to smog have claimed over 20 lives and left scores of people injured in Punjab.
- Pakistan pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi and Shahid Afridi's daugher to get ...09:23 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill eight terrorists including 3 commanders in ...08:26 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge - Two more goof-ups from the timeless ...08:00 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Changing Obesity Leadership Forum held to mark the World Obesity Day07:41 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Engin Altan receives Indian Television Academy Award05:18 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife wishes to reconcile for their children04:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021