Machh massacre – Social media 'disgusted' by Zulfi Bukhari's conversation with Quetta protesters (VIDEO)
QUETTA – Protesters demanding Prime Minister Imran Khan to visit the Balochistan capital have again refused to bury the slain labourers who were killed and beheaded by unknown terrorists last week.
On Wednesday, Prime Minister’s Special Assistant on Overseas Pakistanis Zulfi Bukhari reached Quetta to negotiate with the protestors but landed in hot water as the video clip of his conversation with the Shia-Hazara community went viral on the social media.
The video shows the PM’s aide insensitively asking the protestors what benefit they will give to the Prime Minister Imran Khan if he comes to meet them.
The conversation has sparked outrage on social media as thousands lambasted Bukhari for adding insult to the injury. #ZulfiBukhari remained one of the top Twitter trends on Wednesday.
1. Never send an arrogant person with no empathy to console anyone.— Khurram Qureshi (@qureshik74) January 6, 2021
2. DO NOT start a negotiation with people who are grieving.
3. DO NOT look down upon anyone!
4. When consoling, be kind and listen.
5. DO NOT be like Zulfi Bukhari or Imran Khan
And Zulfi Bukhari was asking these people what they’ll offer Imran Khan if he agrees to listen to them. https://t.co/9uIru87kbA— Sadaf Alvi (@TheGrumpyDoctor) January 6, 2021
Later, Bukhari also took to Twitter to clarify that people in the video clip "aren’t victim families" nor is it complete conversation.
People in vid clip aren’t victim families nor is it complete convo— Sayed Z Bukhari (@sayedzbukhari) January 6, 2021
Sitting in cosy homes&trying to do politics on Shuhda is despicable specially without knowing facts/context.
We shouldn’t side with enemy,have trust& pray their pain eases rather than play on it#HazaraLivesMatter
The Hazara community continued a sit-in on Quetta’s Western Bypass with the coffins for the fourth consecutive day today. The protesters refused to end the protest or to bury their loved ones until their demands are met.
On the other hand, the prime minister took to Twitter to address the event. He wrote I want to reassure the Hazara families who lost their loved ones in a brutal terrorist attack in Machh that I am cogniscant of their suffering & their demands.
The government is taking steps to prevent such attacks in the future and knew the country’s neighbour is instigating this sectarian terrorism, the tweet added.
I want to reassure the Hazara families who lost their loved ones in a brutal terrorist attack in Machh that I am cogniscant of their suffering & their demands. We are taking steps to prevent such attacks in the future & know our neighbour is instigating this sectarian terrorism.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) January 6, 2021
In another tweet of the following event, Khan wrote I share your pain and have come to you to stand with you in your time of suffering. I will come again very soon to offer prayers and condole with all the families personally,”.
I will never betray my people’s trust. Please bury your loved ones so their souls find peace, he added.
I share your pain & have come to you before also to stand with you in your time of suffering. I will come again very soon to offer prayers and condole with all the families personally. I will never betray my people's trust. Please bury your loved ones so their souls find peace.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) January 6, 2021
Earlier, a delegation of PTI including Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Zaidi, Adviser to PM on Overseas Pakistanis Zulfiqar Bukhari, and NA Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri took part in negotiations with the leaders of the protesters.
Minister for Interior Sheikh Rasheed also visited Quetta to address the demands of the protesters. Rasheed confirmed that the government is ready to accept all the demands, except the resignation of the Balochistan government.
All of the negotiation sessions failed as the sit-in continues for day four.
Machh massacre: PM Imran to visit Hazara ... 11:18 AM | 6 Jan, 2021
QUETTA – Hundreds of Hazara community members continued their sit-in on the Western Bypass in Balochistan’s ...
- U19 World Cup: Zimbabwe win toss, put Pakistan to bat07:10 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ten PCB staff member test positive for Covid-19 ahead of PSL 706:10 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Fans to nominate 'Hamaray Heroes' for PSL 202205:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Areeba Habib and husband Saadain spotted dancing at a friend's wedding04:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021